Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!

To my gorgeous wife....
I have struggled with what to start my blog with.. the very first post, I have so much to say to so many people.. Do I start with me, making it all about me.. addictions, obsessive compulsive disorders the real truth about Bill, my life.. what makes Bill.. Bill. I keep mulling in my head exactly what to say and how to say it and I have decided to save this post for my second post.
This post is for my wife, Gini.. a woman I married so many years ago. Married at a time when I thought I could not love someone as much as I loved her.. You brought me the true meaning of me. You saw what others did not, you let me be me and excepted me for who I was. You said to me years ago, during one of my I really do not give a shit about anything days.. just another day in the life of bill.. plain and simple.. I always loved you for saying that to me... I heard so many lines like this during my recover and self discovery.. one day at a time, denial is not a river in Egypt, I'm a friend of bill.. bumper stickers and key chains that tell the world you have issues, worn like a badge of honor.. Yours hit home, just another day in the life of Bill...
A day filled with you... my wife.
On this day, Valentines.. I start my blog... with a picture I walk by every day and see US. The beginning of our married life. A life I will share on this blog, Another day in the life of Bill. I love you, Gini. Happy Valentines Day... Love, love, love.......
Me

3 comments:

Gini said...

I love you too babe. I do remember saying that to you - though only you knew you could make it a good thing and turn it into a Blog Name. I think you have a lot too say and I hope you use this as an outlet to say it. Even if you don't think it is important, I always will and I'm sure many others will be able to relate to your words. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Kim said...

I just remembered that Gini said you posted your first post the other day.

Great post, Bill. You guys are perfect for each other.

Looking forward to more posts from you!

Unknown said...

Just saw this on Gini's Blog List.
Very nice, Bill. I look forward to getting to know you better through your Blog - rather than just when you tell me to shut up in your wife's blog. HA!!